Monday, October 6, 2008

1950s Housewife - Day Eight begins

The weekend was a marvelous way to spend time with Dear Husband and Lovely Children. The Honey-Do list was completed, and Dear Husband did not make too big a mess when he made pizza for Sunday football. The children and I were able to complete some errands and grocery yesterday whilst Dear Husband watched his team - I enjoy taking the children out of the house during this time, so as to limit their exposure to the colorful language Dear Husband sometimes uses. Thankfully, his team won, and he was in a good mood for the rest of the day.

After spending so much family time, however, my "to-do" list seems a little bit long today. I need to get going on it soon. First, some observations from the first week of the experiment:
  • Girdles emphasize back fat. There, I've said it. Look - these undergarments, throwbacks to the dark ages when women needed to be imprisoned within their own clothes, do amazing things for my waistline and are great at minimizing less desirable frontal areas... but they DO emphasize and area that naturally downplays itself without the undergarment. That pesky back-fat hangs over the top - not unlike the muffin-top one gets when one squeezes into an old (and no longer well-fitting) pair of jeans. So you get a muffin-top, but its in the middle of your back!!! Its gross - I hate it... I've eliminated the mid-drift girdle because of it, and I'm only now wearing the one that starts at my belly-button.
  • Make-up gives me zits... big, gross, painful ones.
  • The dishes are NEVER done... ever... I'm convinced there is a dish dragon lurking within the kitchen somewhere, and as soon as I step away from a clean, empty sink, it comes out and dirtys just one spoon and goes back into a cupboard, giggling... stupid dragon!
  • Cooking and thinking about cooking and trying to be healthy - oh, and incorporating the one vegetarian in the family into the mix is challenging and hard and not in a good way. This is probably the most taxing task on the list.
  • I know myself, and I now know that I would never, ever be successful at this experiment if either of the children were younger and still at home during the day... I just don't see how it would be possible with one or even both of them still at home and really too young to help with the chores (they've been great helpers) and needing more of my attention.
  • Where does all this dust come from? I mean really?!?
  • I will never look around at a semi-clean house and think it is clean again... not after what I've seen, not after I know how much cleaner it can be.
  • Why do boys miss the potty? How hard can it be to hit the water? I don't understand.

- Mrs. P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Bare Minerals make up, you can get it at an ulta store and I believe even Target has started to carry it, you can also get it online. It actually made my skin better.

Anonymous said...

It's "midriff," not "mid-drift"

Anonymous said...

Im sure Nisa appreciates the correction. I thank you too as I would have typed it the same way, now I know not to do that. Thanks!